Here are the 10 things Jeffrey Fox, author of How to become a Rainmaker, recommends:
1. Send a handwritten note.
2. Clip and send an article of interest.
3. Talk to a satisfied client and ask who else you might help.
4. Send a thank-you gift to someone who referred you.
5. Give your business card to someone with influence.
6. Send a letter to the editor of a magazine your customers read.
7. Add fifteen people to your mailing list.
8. Leave a compelling voicemail.
9. Make an appointment.
10. Call a client you haven’t talked to in two years.
I like the fact that most of these activities are personal. In this age of too much information the personal touch will always win. People like doing doing business with people they like.